Saturday, May 10, 2008

Free Writing

I think that this semester is the most hectic semester that I have had. I am so full of things to do, I am way over my head! Especially these two last weeks have been extremely busy, especially with the birth of my first nephew. In these past two weeks I had to do three research papers, complete an ePortfolio, study, for my midterm for my Drugs and behavior class and a lot of other small things. I hardly had any sleep last week trying to do everything, especially since I spend a lot of time with my nephew.

Luckily I now have things under control. In my previous blog I wrote that my topic was going to be about water. But after seeing some of the response that I got I decided to narrow it down to writing only about Colorado’s rivers, and its problems and the endangered fishes that are suffering the consequences of low water flows. I realize that writing about the use and abuse of water was too of a broad topic. After seeing all the research that I had already I saw that I had enough information to write only about the ten most problematic rivers and it’s fishes that are in the endangered list.

I was very interested in the response that the professor put in my previous blog. “I learned what happens to the water after it is used in my house; one of many issues was the use of antibacterial soap for washing dishes—antibacterial soaps actually make it harder for special bacteria to clean the water supply which is then turned into drinking water again and also ends up in our bodies, killing good bacteria that we need to be healthy” I was very interested in writing about that topic but I HONESTLY didn’t have time to do more research so I used what I already had and narrowed it down to wring more about eh endangered fishes in the Colorado River.

2 comments:

Jocelyn Perez said...

I am very interested in the way your research took you in this new direction.

Oh, and I know exactly what you mean about there being too much work and soo little time. =)

About the fish, I was curious about what species in particular.
In highschool, we actually raised rainbow, brook, and brown trout and reintroduced them to the New York rivers where their numbers were becoming scarce.

I am curious to find out how the Colorado fish and game associations are dealng with it, and why there's a low water flow.
See, now I can't wait to see what you have so far. =)

Jocelyn =) good luck, its a really intriguing topic!

Doctor X said...

Good narrowing down! I hope this makes the paper easier to write.

(The antibacterial stuff was just a suggestion)